If you cannot find answer then contact us.
MAP Pricing Indicator
Minimum Advertised Price (MAP) is an agreement between suppliers and retailers stipulating the lowest price an item is allowed to be advertised at.
Note: The MAP Indicator only needs to be utilized when your pricing (either sale or sell) is below the published MAP price provided by the manufacturer.
The MAP Indicator allows sellers to select from 2 different levels of MAP pricing. These are Strict or Non-Strict.
Strict MAP Pricing: The price of the item or any discounts applied will not be displayed on the product page at all. Customers will see the original price crossed out on the product page with the text “Add to cart to see our price”.
When the customer adds the item to their cart they will then see the sale price. See Example 1 below.
Non-Strict Map Pricing: The sale price of the item will not be displayed on the product page, however, whatever discount that is applied to that item will be shown. The customer will see the original price on the product page with the text “Additional $### savings Applied at cart”. When the customer adds the item to their cart they will then see the sale price. See Example 2 below.
If MAP Pricing Indicator is left blank (in the bulk spreadsheet) or left on select (in the user interface) then the sale price will display as normal in the product page. See Example 3 below.
Setting up MAP using User Interface
1. Go to Products > Browse & Edit > Single
2. Select the product you would like to edit and select ‘Edit’
3. Go to the Details page
4. For any item for which there is a MAP, the Standard Price MUST always be set to what the manufacturer has advised is the Minimum Advertised Price
5. If the seller wishes to sell a MAP restricted item below this price, they should then enter a sale price in the Sale Price field, as well as a Sale Start and End Date
6. You then must change the MAP Price Indicator from “Select” to either “Strict” or “Non-Strict”
7. Finally, to complete the change click Save at the bottom of the page
*Please note changes to MAP may take approximately 48 to 72 hours to reflect online.
Setting up MAP using Bulk Templates
1. Download the item level or generic bulk template within the seller portal under Products > Browse & Edit > Bulk
2. For any item for which there is a MAP, the Standard Price MUST always be set to what the manufacturer has advised is the Minimum Advertised Price
3. You can then set the sale price and dates under the Sale Price and Sale Date columns
4. Next, enter “Strict” or Non-Strict” under the MAP Price Indicator column
5. Finally, save and upload the template in the seller portal under step 3 of Products > Browse & Edit > Bulk
*Please note changes to MAP may take approximately 48 to 72 hours to reflect online